Hoyt Street Productions, Inc. operates troygrady.com (“Cracking the Code”, or, the “Service”).
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Cracking the Code we have a few fundamental principles:
- We collect your personal information only when we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- We make every effort to protect your privacy by using secure technology and carefully choosing trusted third-parties to work with when necessary.
- No spam! We’ll only send you emails about Cracking the Code and relevant products and services, and we will make it easy to opt out if you so choose.
Information Collection and Use
While using the Service, we may ask you to provide us with information that can be used to process your orders, manage your subscription, and communicate with you about Cracking the Code.
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We may also work with trusted third party services to assist us with things like sending email updates and processing payments. These service providers may collect and/or access your information for the limited purpose of providing services relevant to Cracking the Code.
We partner with third parties for services including web hosting (Pair and Digital Ocean), email (MailChimp and Mailgun), ecommerce and payment processing (Stripe, PayPal, Gumroad) and forum software (Discourse). We may additionally use other services like web analytics and anti-spam software. We work with the best partners we can find, and we never use, store, or share your information in ways beyond what we deem necessary for us to run our business, to protect our rights and those of our users, or as otherwise required by law.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use the Service.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
Your Data Rights
At any time, you may request a downloadable copy of all your personal data we store, including your account info and forum posts. You may also request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete data we have about you, or that we delete all your personal data from our systems. To make any of these requests, please email us and we’ll get back to you within 48 hours.
Links To Other Sites
We may occasionally link to third party products or services from our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites, and we advise you to read the Privacy Policies and Terms and Conditions of each site you visit. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we do our best to ensure it remains secure. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
However we advise you to remember that no method of information transmission or storage is 100% secure. While we strive to do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to Cracking the Code Support. We take all privacy concerns very seriously and will respond appropriately and quickly.
This document is made available under a Creative Commons BY-SA License. Thanks to Automattic and Discourse for their examples.
May 23, 2018 – GDPR update with specific info about third party partners, section about data rights / requests, and general clarifications; added changelog
July 12, 2016 – Initial version created